Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Imaginary Courses and Non-imaginary Grad Schools

I sometimes get a kick out of thinking up interesting courses I'd like to teach as a professor. I thought I'd try to write some of them down, and make them sound interesting:

Satire and the Media: 1700's - present

Introduction to Romantic Poetry (of course)

Feminist Approaches to Gothic Romanticism

Textual Faith: Spirituality as "Text"

Texts in Performance: Survey of Dramatic Literature

Theatre and the Text: Performative Aspects in non-Dramatic Literature

Literary Theory and the Theatre: Applied Methods

...

Sigh.

In other news, I'm continuing my search for the perfect Grad school. Here are some that Dr. Lamascus and I listed:

Rice University, Houston
University of Illinois, Chicago
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Notre Dame University, Indiana
George-Washington University, St. Louis
University of Texas, Austin
University of Missouri, Kansas City
KU (okay, Brandon, this was only mentioned in passing)
Baylor University, Waco
OU, Norman
Abilene Christian, Abilene

Of course, this is only the starting place. Onward and Upward!

1 comment:

Brandon said...

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MISSOURI, PAUL.