Sunday, July 12, 2009

proverbial gods

I feel disembodied at times.
Floating outside of myself,
but only ever on the inside, as
being outside my self I'd have
to prove to more than corporeal
existence. That's the conundrum
and haunting paradox, of feeling
God with me and praying to Him,
to Her, to Them, all while
embracing my humanist self
and denouncing religion.
Whose religion can't I denounce?
Can I say I've seen the light of
spiritual non-existence
and proselytize it?
Spread to those who's spirits are real?
But then - there's more to me than flesh.
There's more to me than "mind"
and "minding" - none of us with answers,
we all the questioning, or should.
We can't see the world unless
we see it critically. We can't
know ourselves unless we see
ourselves critically. And so logos
created the world after all, and we
all bow before the power of logic,
and the proverbial Word.
And if we bow to words, and master them
ourselves,
does that make us all gods, after all?

- 3/6

No comments: