Saturday, November 17, 2012

Picasso's

Written 11/15

Sometimes The Way, The Universal, The Great Aeolian Harp
stirs or sounds at the strangest of times -
Here in this bar, the loud music overtaking 
the sounds and voices of my mind,
I am left with few thoughts that chase away
or disconnect me from the divine -
That driving, driving force, striving to
push all distraction from me as all I'm left with
inside is your beautiful face.
And while you may be over, may in fact be done 
with me, you have to understand that every
breath I take is an exhale-inhale of your absence
and the fiery desire of your being -
that looking into your face, seeing you laugh, leaning
into you and all you represent for me
is the long and short of the desire of my soul,
And all these songs play, and all my
music points to
my inability to let go of you and your sorcery:
Your bewitching presence that pulls and compels 
every harmonizing fiber of my being.
No we're not done, at least I never was,
And I love you - love you with all the strength and
inner growth and serenity that I don't yet even have
because I'm letting it grow - and am willing to give you 
already or cash it in, in exchange for the warmth
of your smile and the feel of your arms.

Forgive me, then. Forgive me for not letting go.
Absolve me, if you can. Who can blame me for wanting
You, and only you, alone?

1 comment:

babyblueeyed girl said...

this sooo beautiful love it big ((((HUGS))))))