Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Reasons Why

I do not need reasons why
not to know or love someone.
I do not want or need to be
told my heart is wasting time.
Purest love is not a love that
waits or lets itself be burned
but is a love that understands:
the need for a community,
the beauty of our memory,
and the knowing that a man
who causes pain is still a man
who needs pure love the most of all.
This is why my light stays on
and all my doors are open, still,
to every man who's hurt my heart.
I have armed myself for this,
armed with tea and coffee for
all the souls that need to stop
and warm themselves and find
forgiveness, rest and peace,
within these walls and arms.
I do not need to know why I 
mustn't love or hold someone
for if I "mustn't" love someone,
that must be the very thing they,
themselves, need from
someone, most of all.